2017 ESST European Award for Aspiring Undergraduates
The European Masters Programme in Society, Science and Technology (ESST) is sponsoring an award of 500 € for the best undergraduate essay on the connection between science and society (or technology and society). Undergraduates from all fields of study attending any European university are eligible to apply.
Deadline: 28th July, 2017
The members of the 2017 Award Committee are:
▪ Mark Elam, IT University of Copenhagen
▪ Alexandre Guay, Université catholique de Louvain
▪ Bernhard Wieser, Alpen-Adria Universität Klagenfurt
How to apply:
Applications should consist of a cover sheet (see below) completed and scanned, and a double-spaced pdf copy of the student essay. Essays should be between 2,000 and 3,000 words (in English). Applicants may not submit more than one piece of work. Applications should be emailed to Mark Elam (email@example.com), the 2017 ESST Award Coordinator. E-mail your essay by 28th July 2017 and expect confirmation of its reception within a week.
Download the cover sheet
▪ 2016 Oscar Emil Clemmensen, IT University of Copenhagen
▪ 2015 Robin Schormans, Maastricht University
▪ 2014, Sidsel Thaarup, IT University of Copenhagen
▪ 2013, Frederick Thielen, Maastricht University
▪ 2012, Alina Marktanner, Maastricht University
▪ 2011, Miklós Horváth, Eötvös Loránd University